Thursday, February 26, 2009

So, is it a Handout?

I used this Arby's coupon today.

I went through the drive-thru, ordered my drink and selected which of the three sandwiches I wanted.

When I pulled up to the window to pay, I handed the cashier my debit card and coupon. She handed the coupon back to me and said, "You can just keep this" and smiled.

So, what's the point of the coupon? Would I have gotten a free sandwich if I'd just walked in and asked what kind of deals they had going on.

Weird, right?

3 comments:

Jenna said...

no, girl! you bring that coupon back everyday and let them just love on you with those free sandwiches!!!

rebekah said...

now that's the kind of surprise i would enjoy...not "hey you owe us $10"...stupid quiznos

(i'm still bitter)

Rachel said...

Arby's has always been quirkily generous with letting you keep coupons (erm, not that I've eaten Arby's 500 times in the last few years). It's very strange. I used the same freebie coupon until it was about worn out from me handing it to them and them handing it back.

But hey - just go with it.