I've decided to start this blog with some facts about me. I won't call them interesting b/c they may not be to anyone who reads this. (Also, I kind of stole the idea from Courtney. Check out her blog).
If I’m Being Honest…
1. I love to fill out forms. That’s probably why I’m doing this. That means, I love first time visits to the doctor, dentist, etc. (Especially if I have a good pen to write with…wow).
2. I AM aware of most of my dorky qualities.
3. I’ve only ever wanted to be a mom.
4. The day I registered for my junior year of high school, I also had a minor vehicular accident. I was trying to show off for a boy. Not successful.
5. I also had mono but that is no excuse.
6. This incident led to my first job as a “phone girl” at Buck’s pizza. I believe I owed my parents $600 for showing off. Stupid.
7. I wasn’t in a sorority and I don’t regret it.
8. I don’t get along well with most girls. I don’t know why…probably my own insecurity.
9. Along those same lines, good friends are hard to come by (especially good ones who live where you live). Keeping in touch is a challenge but well worth it.
10. Something that has always, always bothered me – one-sided friendships. I seem to be a magnet for these. I wonder what that says about me…(loser, haha).
11. Giving birth can be a really cool experience. Also, there is so much you don’t remember. I never understood how people could say this, but it’s true.
12. I wanted braces AND glasses when I was kid. I got both.
13. I wouldn’t hate it if I got pregnant again pretty soon. (But we’re not trying b/c we're not masochistic ).
14. I love soft drinks. I’m not sure why b/c I know how bad they are for me. And, I am not satisfied by most diet drinks.
15. I watch way too much TV. It doesn’t take much for me to enjoy a show and I’m pretty impressionable. If a friend recommends a show, I’ll give it a try for 2 or 3 episodes and then I’m usually hooked.
16. My two younger sisters both impress me for various reasons. It’s crazy how different siblings can be yet how alike at the same time.
17. I got 2 values violations (along with Bob) over the course of 2 days. Thank you Samford.
18. These values violations resulted in us having to pay $105 each, write a 1000 word essay on the importance of authority and prior to all that, meet with the Dean of Students b/c no one had gotten back to back v.v.s before and they weren’t sure how to handle it. What a legacy.
19. I thoroughly enjoy singing in the car but only if the music is louder than I am. I do NOT sound good.
20. My degree is pretty much worthless…unless the only stipulation for a job is that you have a degree. Undergrad degrees in Art and Sociology just don’t get ya much.
21. I almost always have 3 or 4 arts and craftsy projects going on…placed "strategically" around the house.
22. I think it seriously bothers Bob how messy I am. He hides it pretty well.
23. I, very badly, want a room dedicated to arts and craftsy projects. Being able to leave a project in the middle and return to it at my leisure sounds so good. (Again, I am aware of most of my dorky qualities).
24. Sometimes when Sam is giving me the pouty face, I just laugh at him. (Now accepting Mother-of-the-Year nominations).
25. Also, sometimes when he smiles at me, I get a little teared up.
26. I think Christmas lights are magical.
27. Our Christmas Eve tradition is to ride around in neighborhoods looking at lights after church.
28. I do not like net lights, bleh.
29. I sometimes wish we lived in GA…in the Snellville/Lawrenceville area.
30. I really enjoy camping.
31. My parents took us on some awesome trips when we were younger. 3 weeks out West, a trip up the East Coast to New England, Alaska, etc. We always camped b/c it was cheaper…this is probably why I enjoy it so much. Good memories.
32. I consider my parents friends and highly respect them and their opinions.
33. I love Hobby Lobby. It’s a challenge for me to enter the store and not buy anything.
34. I’ve never been a morning person. However, now that Sam is here, gone are the days of sleeping in. I don’t mind.
35. Getting the mail is one of the highlights of my day. (See #2)
36. I think I go to Walmart about 5 times a week. Really, I try not to.
37. I am quicker at Self Checkout than any live cashier.
38. I sleep with 4 pillows. It used to just be 3, but while I was pregnant, I used a body pillow and I haven’t given it up yet.
39. We’ve been in this house for over 5 months now and have never used our dining room for anything other than storage. There is no dining room table, so what could we use it for?
40. I’ve been tossing around the idea of dying my hair dark brown for oh…about a year. Still haven’t decided if that’s the way to go.
41. When I was a toddler, my mom had my ears pierced. When she took out the pair the store pierces your ears with to replace them with cuter earrings, I wouldn’t let her put any back in b/c it hurt too much. Later, I pierced my own ears multiple times. Guess I got a little tougher.
42. I love my family.
43. I hate to vacuum.
44. I had a blog before. I didn’t keep it up.
45. My parents were nice enough to buy me a car while I was in college. They gave it to me when I got married. Later, they bought it back.
46. I was on the neighborhood swim team when I was growing up (for 4 or 5 years). I don’t want to brag but I was pretty good.
47. I’m a little sad that Sam doesn’t really seem to favor me. But I’m holding out hope that we’ll have a girl later AND that she’ll look like me.
48. I think I have an affinity towards puffer vests. I always circle them in magazines. I own one and only wear it when I won’t be around Bob much. He is not a fan.
49. I really enjoy cooking. I try to cook every night and I’m talking a meat, vegetable, fruit and starch type meal. I’ve come to learn I do that b/c my mom did and it isn’t the norm.
50. I don’t deserve the life God has given me and I’m still trying to figure out how best to glorify Him with it.