Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nature vs. Nurture

I majored in Sociology (and in Art) in college - two pointless degrees when it comes to a career. Lucky for me, I'm not really carer-driven and have always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. Anyway, being that I majored in Sociology, I had quite a few classes that touched on, or harped on, Nature vs. Nurture.

Most of my professors and sociologists fall on one end of the spectrum or the other. I happen to think it's a tie...maybe not an exactly balanced tie but I do think nature AND nurture play a huge part in who we are.

All that to say, if you know my husband, you know he's a car guy. In fact, it may be one of the first things that comes to your mind when you think of him. He loves cars, knows a ton about them, likes to work on them, clean them, read about them and on top of all that, he works at a garage.

So, if we're taking him to do stuff like this and with Bob as his dad, what chance does Sam even have?



1 comment:

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

doubtful he is going to ask for Ballet lessons now. ;-)

that is absolutely adorable. I love the arm around the neck!!!