Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jesus Got Hurt and Here's How a 2 Year Old Would Fix Him

On the way home from church Sunday, I asked Sam what he learned about in the nursery. (I guess I should refer to it as Sunday School since they have lessons and I'm expecting him to have learned something...)

Anyway, here's how the conversation went:
Me: Sam, what'd you learn about in the nursery today?
Sam: Hmm, Jesus.
M: What happened to Jesus?
S: Got hurt.
M: Who helped Him?
S: ....God.
(At this point, I'm thinking, "wow, they're teaching about the crucifixion and resurrection already...and he's remembering it?!")
M: What did God do?
S: Put lotion on it.

And then later answering the same question of who helped Jesus, Sam responded:
S: Ebee Poppa (my parents)
M: What did they give Him?
S: Money.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! "lotion" Perfect. I love their little hearts.

Last night Hubs was reading a book about lying to WM, and the kids broke a vase. Husband got to the part of the book where it says, "Broken trust isn't as easy to fix as a broken vase."

WM chirped up: You could just put some glue or tape on it or sumpin'.

Greta said...

That's precious!

Amanda Leigh said...

Haha this is so funny. Caleb says funny things about Jesus too. I asked him how he came to earth, (kinda trying to talk about the Christmas story) And he said :Umm I think it was a rocketship? haha

Greta said...

The other day, I was pointing out the characters in a nativity scene to Sam. He identified Baby Jesus and said, "Baby Jesus came out!" I asked, "Came out of what?" and he said, "Egg, came out egg!"

Poor little guy...he was so pleased with himself ;).