Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't Unbutton that Shirt Just Yet

We sat down for dinner the other night when Sam realized he didn't have a drink. He quickly and emphatically asked me to get his milk, asking, "where IS it, Mommy?"

I was feeding Grey which prompted a few more questions. It went something like this.

S: "Mommy, whachew do-een?"
Me: "I'm feeding Grey."
S: "Have milk?"
Me: "Well, sort of. Grey can't have the same milk you drink."
S: (holding his cup towards Grey) "Here Grey."
Me: "That's sweet of you to share, buddy, but Grey can't drink that milk."
S: "Where's it come from?"
(Bob and I look at each other. Muffled chuckling insues.)
Me: "It comes from me, bud."

At this point, Sam starts unbuttoning his shirt and reaching his hand inside and mumbling something about "I feed Grey..."

4 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL! Love it. I have thought about the "fun" that will be one day...Ali is SO inquisitive and already waaaay too obsessed with bumpy chests...when she sees what they can DO, she's going to think of nothing else!

The Dorinators said...

Hahaha! I'm sure I'll have to deal with the same questions with # 2.

Amanda Leigh said...

Pam walked in on mandy trying to breast feed Josh when she was 8 and he was a baby. He was looking for something too! ha. Thats funny
Anyway WE HAD TO ABORT PORT in the Caymans! Can you believe it! The weather was too bad and we had to tender (ride small boats from the big boat) because they dont have a dock big enough and we had to leave. I was soooooooo sad! The weather in general wasn't the best. Mexico was the best day.

Lindsay said...

That's hilarious! I love that you'll be able to share this story with Sam's girlfriend one day :).