Saturday, April 16, 2011

This Probably Just Means I Have a Limited Vocabulary

I've got an inquiring child.
(What parent of a 3 year-old doesn't?)

Sometimes he asks questions which I can answer easily.
(Rarely.)

More often, he asks questions I don't know the answer to.
(I'm not above an, "I have no idea, buddy.")

And lots of times, he asks questions I have a hard time explaining the answer to because he doesn't grasp concepts he'll have to understand to understand the answer. (Make sense?)

Sometimes, and I always want to kick myself after this happens, I try to tell him about new stuff and we end up right in the middle of that type of situation...the type where he has to understand other stuff to understand the answer.

Do you ever get yourself too far into a description or answer?

Am I the only one who lets out a long sigh with a "nevermind, I guess I can't explain it!"?

2 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

I am SO right there with you. Mia always asks millions of questions. But a lot of them are hard to answer because she wouldn't understand the answer. And other ones are hard just because I don't always know:) That's when I throw in the "we'll have to ask daddy on that one" :)

BTW, Bo is WAY cute! Oh my word, what a smile! So glad I got to see him this morning...

amy (metz) walker said...

hahaha...made me laugh. Parenting isn't for sissies, that's for sure.