Monday, August 29, 2011

A Dightdin’ Party

If you told me 3 years ago I would travel down a road of Cars themed birthday parties, I wouldn’t have known what you were talking about. However, it seems that my children have picked a theme and stuck to it. Last year, Sam wanted a Red birthday party. For a while, I thought he literally wanted a red party, so I was coming up with all kinds of red food and red decorations. I’m not sure how I ended up realizing he meant Red, the fire truck from Cars, but I’m glad I did or we would’ve had one disappointed 3 year-old.

When I asked Grey what kind of party he wanted this year, he said, “Dightdin’. ” And for those of you not fluent in toddler, that means Lightning, from…you guessed it, Cars. So we had a Dightdin’ party preceded by a family celebration. And I want to mention how great Sam did. He was so excited to celebrate Grey and I didn’t notice any jealousy. What a great big brother!

Family celebration included family (duh), cake pops (gluten free – another post for another day), and presents (yay!)

SAM_0415

Cake pops! Yum!

SAM_0421 

Mmm, where can I get another one of these things?

SAM_0422

Yes, our chairs are THAT filthy.

SAM_0436

Cheeeeeeese and Ya-Ya.

SAM_0441

Sweet brothers.

SAM_0449

Nana, Pop-Pop, and Ya-Ya.

(Ebee and Poppa were there too but I didn’t get a good photo. And AJ, we missed you!)

SAM_0456

Fruit snacks?! Yes!

And the actual Dightdin’ party included a Lightning cake, lots of friends, cold water in the hot backyard, pizza, and more presents. Fun!

SAM_0490

Lightning McQueen

SAM_0509
Sweet Charlotte

SAM_0521

Charlotte, Eli, Tessa, and Lucy

SAM_0524

Taylor, trying her best to clean out the pool.

SAM_0547

Singing happy birthday

SAM_0556

Table full.
SAM_0559

Icing hands

SAM_0572

Just a little festive decoration.

SAM_0592SAM_0604

Opening presents.

SAM_0599

Bo and Taylor, playing so sweetly.

SAM_0615

As Megan pointed out…is he 2 or 76? Lookin’ like an old man there Grey, you’re lookin’ like an old man.

We had fun celebrating you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish PP and I could have been there to celebrate with all of you. Give Grey a hug for us. MM