Friday, January 4, 2008

This doesn't even deserve a title

So I don't really have one thing in particular to write about...however, it's been a few days since I posted so I feel like I owe you (2 people who read this) a new post.

As many random people in stores such as Bed, Bath & Beyond (as many of you may have read on facebook) and Walmart make "helpful suggestions" about Sam being too cold or too young to be out and about, there seem to be just as many, and probably more, who like to encourage young mothers...such as myself.

Yesterday, I was in Walmart with Sam in the
Bjorn. We were, of course, at Self-Checkout. Anyway, as I was putting the last bag in the cart and grabbing my receipt, the lady behind me said "you are doing a great job with that baby!"

Granted, she doesn't REALLY know what kind of a job I do on a daily basis with him but I sure appreciated the encouragement either way.

Let's see...what else is going on. Oh, I do NOT want to take down Christmas decorations! That's right folks, all of ours are still up. Actually, that's not entirely true. I just took down our Christmas cards which were lining the doorway to the kitchen. In our defense, we were only here for 2 days after Christmas before going to NC. I not only really like having the decorations up, I have no motivation to put in the work to take them down.

That reminds me, Sam's new
stocking was waiting for us when we got back from NC & GA. I'm pretty pumped about it, especially b/c I got it 1/2 off from Pottery Barn...such a deal. By the way, it's huge and I'm pretty sure he could fit in it.

In other news, I think we've officially started a New Year's tradition of hanging out with our good friends, D & K. This was the 3rd year in a row which, if I'm not mistaken, qualifies for a tradition. We had a great time, as usual, just hanging out and enjoying their company. Unfortunately, we live in different states now but we still get to seem them a fair amount.

(Side note: I personally feel it is more climatic to be in the Eastern time zone for New Year's. Living in the Central time zone poses a dilemma. Do you celebrate the New Year at 12 EST and 11 CST or forgo the whole Time Square/Peach Drop celebration? Luckily this year we didn't have to make that important decision!)

No comments: