Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY Eye Make-up Remover

I'm on a little "make my own stuff" kick.
Have you noticed? You haven't? That's probably b/c I haven't quite finished my batch of DIY laundry detergent. When I do finish, I promise to post about it. (hopefully sometime this year....)
However, I have posted about DIY dishwashing detergent (See here for that.)

And now this...eye make-up remover.

This is incredibly easy, incredibly cheap, and incredibly effective.

I'm running low on eye make-up remover and have been mulling over when is the best time to hike it up to the mall, our nearest Sephora, to get a bottle of their remover. I bought some with a gift card last year and really, really like it. It cleans easily, isn't oily, and it's pretty cheap.
It's not as cheap as this concoction though!

Mix the following ingredients:
1 cup of water
1 1/2 tablespoons of baby shampoo (tear-free)
1/8 teaspoon of olive oil (you can also use coconut oil or baby oil, although apparently there are people up in arms about putting baby oil on your eyes...) *

Anyway, stir that up real well in a bowl and immediately pour some into a tiny bottle.
I say immediately because I think it separates pretty quickly and you want a good mix in your tiny bottle.

Verdict: This cleans really well, there is no oily residue, and it's scented with my kids' shampoo! Who doesn't love clean baby smell?!

*I got the recipe from here.

No comments: